Under Art. 13 of the European General Data Protection Regulation n. 2016/679 (GDPR) we give you notice as follows concerning any personal details which you provide while browsing this website.
1) The only personal details which will be gathered are those provided by you in order to sign up for our newsletter, to set up your user account or to register for events, or when you complete a form in the “Contact Us” section of this website to be sent product details, technical information, details of an offer or any other information.
Those personal details are: your first name and last name, the name of your company, your e-mail address, and your telephone and fax numbers.
You can consult this website, however, without having to give any personal details at all.
Only the fact that someone accessed our website will be recorded, and saved in anonymous form without any reference (for example) to your identity, to the ISP you used in viewing it, to the website from which you visit us or to the name of the file requested.
Whenever you use your user account, the details of that access may be registered in order to prevent abuse.
2) Providing your details is optional: if you choose not to give them there will be no consequences except that you will not get the services and/or the information you ask for.
3) The personal details will be used only for the purposes for which you have provided them (signing up for the newsletter, setting up a user account, registering for events, sending information or offers requested by you) and for website administration purposes. The legal basis of the treatment is the consent of the person concerned.
4) The personal details will be stored on servers located within the European Community, and may be communicated to staff duly appointed to handle them by the Data Processors Shimadzu Italia Srl and/or any other EU-based company of the Shimadzu group.
5) Cookies are used to improve our website and to make some of its functions possible. Cookies are short text files which are saved on your computer. The ones we use are “session cookies”: they are deleted from your hard disk at the end of every session. We do not use profiling cookies – the kind which track your profile and/or arrange for the advertising displayed to you to match your tastes and consumption habits.
You can disable or delete cookies in your browser settings. Usually (in Internet Explorer) it can be done as follows:
You can get instructions on disabling cookies in the commonest other browsers at the following web pages:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=it-IT&answer=95647&p=...
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Bloccare%20i%20cookie?redirectlocale=en...
Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/it-it/HT1677
If you block or delete all cookies, you might no longer be able to browse the website or make use of some or all of its functionalities.
7) The website’s link to twitter.com is managed by Twitter, Inc., 795 Folsom St. Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (“Twitter”). The link is an icon with a little bird and the words “Follow us online”.
If you click this icon, your browser will create a direct link with Twitter’s server, and Twitter will be given the information that you have used this website. If you access Twitter, Twitter can put that information in your Twitter account. The ways in which and purposes for which Twitter gathers, keeps and uses data can be consulted in Twitter's privacy notice at http://www.twitter.com/privacy.
8) The data provided by you in browsing this website may be handled electronically, by us or by our appointed contractors, for as long as needed for the purposes stated above.
9) Under Art. 15-22 of GDPR you are entitled to obtain confirmation of the personal data on you held by us and of their source, and to ask us to tell you the purposes for which we hold them, the ways in which they are processed and (in the case of electronic processing) the software used, as well as details of the Data Controller, the Data Processor and any persons to whom the data may be communicated.
You also have the right to require (i) the supplementing, updating, or correction of your details, and (ii) the deletion, conversion into anonymous form or embargoing of any data handled in breach of the law, and to object on legitimate grounds to any handling of any or all of your personal data. You have the right to be given a declaration that the operations indicated in (i) and (ii) above have, so far as the content of the data is concerned, been brought to the attention of any person to whom the data have been communicated.
You may insist at any time and without giving any explanation that your details are no longer to be used. To do so, please use the form provided on the “Contact Us” page of the website.
Your subscription to our newsletter can be cancelled at any time by clicking the icon provided in every Newsletter.
You may delete your user account at any time by sending us an e-mail.
All the above rights can be exercised by writing to Profilitec SpA, 7 Via Scotte 36033 Isola Vicenza (VI); tel. +39 0444/268311; email@example.com.
The data controller of your personal details is Shimadzu Italia S.r.l. An up to date list of Data Processors may be requested from the above office.
You can contact the Data Protection Officer by email with this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy update on 24/05/2018