Here are the steps recommended for installing Bordertec drip profiles for terraces:
1. Apply a waterproofing layer (liquid or sheet membrane) on the substrate; (take a look at the different types of waterproofing to find out more).
2. Adhere the profile with thinset, allowing about 1 cm between the profile and the front of the substrate.
3. In order to prevent water infiltration from entering under the profile, seal the perforated portion of the profile with Foiltec waterproofing strips.
4. Proceed with the tile installation:
- BBS/BCS profile: leave the space of one grout joint between the end of the Border profile and the first tile row. Subsequently seal the gap with a flexible sealant.
- BBO/BCO profile: leave the necessary space for the drainage holes and then seal with a permeable sealant. In corner joints or linear joints, leave about 2 cm between the joints to allow the aluminum to expand. (A cover profile will hide the gap).
Was this helpful you for solve?